We are dedicated to not only the beautifications of our gardens but also the community that we all live in.
Since 1929, members of the Brockton Garden Club have used their energy and talents to create and maintain community gardens throughout the City of Brockton. The club’s ongoing work within the City includes the following sites:
- Annie L. Burke Memorial Garden and sitting area at the Brockton Public Library
- Burton Memorial at Commercial St
- Urn at Battles and Richmond St
- Sprague Memorial at Crescent and Summer St
- Brockton Fire Station #4
- Eastside Library
- Veterans Memorial at Legion Parkway
- Edgar Playground
- Donate annually 15 holiday wreaths to decorate city buildings
- Six gardens within D.W. Fields Park
Continuing Civic Pride through community involvement:
- Award an annual scholarship to student(s) studying the fields of Horticulture, Forestry, and Landscaping, Floriculture, Agronomy or any of the related sciences that are tangential to these majors.
- Annual donation to A New Day Health Imperatives formally known as the Womansplace Crisis Center.
- Partner with elementary schools to teach young children about seeds and planting
- Participate in Brockton community events such as Summerfest, and Towerfest where we provide gardening information and crafts for children along with giving out hundreds of daffodil bulbs.
Fund Raising in support of club projects:
- Springtime Annual Plant Sale and Geranium Sale
- “We Dig Brockton” T shirts